Saturday, March 31, 2012

Research Around the world.

I explored the Early Childhood Australia site. It has a lot of great information and is similar to the NEAYC site we have.
Some of the current topics on this sight include, best practice, national quality standards, and the code of ethics. 
I found several facts when I explored this website. I realized they believe in best practices for children just like we do. Most of what I read was identical to things in the United States. For instance, children have right but need someone to speak for them. That is the point of having child advocates. They also believe that play is how children learn. Something else interesting that I found was that their mission is identical to the mission of most early childhood educators: Early Childhood Australia will advocate to ensure quality, social justice and equity in all issues relating to the education and care of children from birth to eight years.
One thing that I found out about this website that I did not know was The Australasian Journal of Early Childhood is currently the world's longest-running major early childhood journal. 

Resource:

 Early Childhood Australia. Retrieved from  http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment