Saturday, March 17, 2012

Uplifting Story about research

My story is short.  I have had several family members who have been diagnosed with different forms of cancer. My aunt, a couple of my cousins have had breast cancer.  If it had not been for the research done on the different types of cancer drugs and treatments, they probably would not be here today.  Because of the researchers efforts and the brave individuals who allowed the doctors to test those medications on them, I could have lost several of my loved ones. 

Medical research during the times of need is one of the only time that I can truly say that I approve and appreciate of research on children and adults.  God gives us all special gifts, some have the gift of teaching and inspiring and others were placed on this earth to help heal our bodies.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,

    My mother has multiple sclerosis and it is because of reteach that she is doing as well as she is. When her treatment stopped working she was entered into a research study with an experiment drug. It helped her and was later approved by the FDA. Her doctor told her that a new drug is being tested and if it passes she may be able to take it. Research is helping her maintain her quality of life.

    ReplyDelete