Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sharing Web Resources II

The section of the website that seemed particularly relevant to my current professional development would be the sections on the developing child and health & safety. I recently went from being a two year old teacher to being an infant room teacher.  Until I was placed in this position, I did not know too much about infants so this website has helped me a lot. 

The website provides information about options to pay for childcare  and also information about finding childcare in ten counties in Kentucky.  This, in my opinion, adds to my understanding of how economists support the early childhood field.

From this website, I have gained a lot of insight about issues and trends in the early childhood field. One thing I learned was about booster seat laws. Since I don't currently have a child, I have not paid much attention to booster seat laws. I did not know that in Kentucky, children between 40 and 50 inches tall and who are younger than 7 had to be restrained in a child booster seat or the parent would receive a $30.00 fine. There are several articles on the website as well that are helpful such as Consumer safety tips, preventing SIDS, and sleeping tips for families with small children.

This is by far the most helpful and informative website I have studied.

Reference:

Western Kentucky University Child Care Resource and Referral. Retrieved from http://www.wku.edu/ccrr

2 comments:

  1. Kimberly, it was interesting to read your post. Websites can provide so much information, especially in areas which we are not familiar with - for example your experience with the booster seat laws. As educators, it is important that we keep abreast of all this new and valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow an infant teacher. I will love to read more about how you are able to set routines for infants and what is the ratio ?
    I do believe that information such as SIDS is very important since most of the times young parents follow their parents advice on how a baby should sleep and they will be amazed by the correct sleeping position for babies :)

    ReplyDelete