Saturday, September 22, 2012

Perspectives on Diversity and Culture

For this assignment I contacted my aunt, my brother, and one of my co-workers. All of their definitions for culture were relatively the same: Culture is what you believe and what you are taught. Their definitions where similar as well. My aunt said it was what makes us unique. My brother said diversity is what makes the world more interesting because no two people are the same. My co-worker did not have a definition.

Some of the aspects of culture and diversity are included in their answers such as culture being ideas of what we are taught and that it makes us who we are. Also that diversity makes us unique and different from others.

I don't think other people's definitions of culture and diversity influenced my own thinking about these topics. I have learned the meaning of the definitions on my own and have formed my own understanding of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment