Sunday, September 8, 2013

What Resonates With Me About Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy?

Part 1: I chose this specialization because I am currently and Early Childhood Educator and I see children and families who need assistance or atleast someone to speak up for them and I currently don't feel as though I am able to do that. I know that as a teacher there are resources available to me but I want to more knowledgeable on the subject of advocacy.

Part 2: Advocates are essential in the early childhood field because they are the voice for families, children, and those in the field.  Without advocates the needed changes in the field or potential issues would never be brought to the light and changes would never be made. 

Part 3: I hope to learn where to look when I need advice about public policies and advocating. I also want to learn how to be a better advocate for the families and children that I am currently working with. Last but not least, I want learn about professional organization so that I can become more involved in the field of advocating.



No comments:

Post a Comment