Saturday, October 26, 2013

When I Reflect About My Collegial, Professional Learning Community

Three consequences of my experience being part of a caring, collaborative learning community for my professional growth and development would be the knowledge I have gained about headstart and early childhood systems. I did not realize that there wasn't a universal system in place. I also realize more and more that being a student is easier when you have like minded people in your circle. I may not know my classmates personally but knowing that they are all on the same track I am on professionally helps me to connect with them.  Last but not least, I know that if I need advice or have questions, I can reach out to my classmates because they understand what I am going through professionally and with my education.

One goal for using this collegial experience my advocacy, policy, and/or system development work on behalf of young children, families, and the early childhood community would be to learn how to use my resources to become a better advocate.  I need to realize that there are people and other resources available to assist me with advocating for the children and families I work with.

2 comments:

  1. It has been great to work with you in this class. Although we may not know each other personally, it is wonderful, as you said, to know that there are others who share the same passions and will be working to improve the lives of young children wherever they are. Good luck to you in all that you pursue and know that if there is anything I can ever help you with, you should feel free to get in touch!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that in the early childhood field, there is a lot of opportunities to learn from others. I mean learning from the mistakes, that have made improvements and changes to make sense out of out dated methods of working with children. Those privileges we have of working with children is a learning experience for them and us. Its important we share those moments to learn how we can make them into rewarding memories as positive outcomes. Thank you sharing.

    ReplyDelete